|N@ML Kits “ReLaunch” and SEAL Kits Sneak Peek|
Event Type: Training|
Start Time: 1:00 PM
End Time: 2:00 PM
This virtual training will provide review of the materials and activities included in the two NASA @ My Library STEM Facilitation Kits. Both Facilitation Kits (Sun-Earth-Moon Connection) and (Be a NASA Detective) will be reviewed in this training, along with the procedures to borrow the Kits from the Maryland State Lending Collection.Library: Maryland State Library
This training will also introduce the new SEAL (Solar Eclipse Activities for Libraries) Kits available to MD public libraries by the Space Science Institute in preparation for two solar eclipses occurring in 2023 and 2024. The contents of the two available SEAL Kits will be explored, and details will be provided regarding the SEAL workshops occurring in 2023 supporting the use of the SEAL Kits, led by Space Science Institute staff.
Participants will be able to:
• Identify the contents and corresponding activities for both N@ML STEM Facilitation Kits 1 and 2
• Identify the sensory materials that make each Kit accessible for the visually-impaired.
• Identify the contents and corresponding activities for the SEAL Kits.
• Name where they can locate videos to aid in the use of both Kits’ contents and where they can check out a N@ML Kit or a SEAL Kit for use in their library.
• Locate and navigate the two websites where they can find their local astronomy club or a Solar System Ambassadors to support of these Kits and the topics of solar science, space, and astronomy.
CE Credit: 1 hour
Registration closes 1/19 at 5:00pm. A Zoom link will be sent to all registrants.
Registration Ends: 1/20/2023 at 5:00 PM
Contact: Carrie Sanders
Contact Number: 317-409-8705
Presenter: Carrie Sanders, LaShawn Myles, Erin Gambrill
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 1/20/2023 at 5:00 PM.