|PCI Webinar: Seeing YOUR Name on the Cover of the Book|
Event Type: Training|
Start Time: 12:30 PM
End Time: 1:30 PM
Have you ever been to an author event and watched writers talking about recent publications, answering questions from fans, and signing copies of their latest book and thought “that should be me!”Library: Southern Maryland Regional Library
Before you give up your day job, check out this webinar for one librarian's personal experiences in finding a publisher, pros/cons of collaboration, working with an editor, meeting deadlines, marketing/promoting YOUR book, and more.
Having recently published her fifth book, Kathy Barco will lead this informative program and teach you about:
• Picking a publisher (or having the publisher pick you);
• Living through the fun and frustration of working with a collaborator
• Texting, emailing, and messaging as opposed to face-to-face collaborating;
• Being your book’s best advocate;
• AND . . . the tantalizing topics of advances (not!) and royalties (don’t quit your day job!)
Attention will be paid to collaborating with multiple contributors, with tips on soliciting submissions; wrangling a crowd of would-be authors; editing and more editing; and finally ending up with a finished book without losing your cool.
Registration Ends: 2/26/2019 at 11:55 PM
St Mary's, Calvert, & Charles County Library Staff Only. -This session uses VoIP, speekers and high-speed Internet are required. Please also include email address to receive the session link.Contact: Jennifer Hopwood
Contact Number: 301-884-0436
Presenter: Kathy Barco
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 2/26/2019 at 11:55 PM.