|The Purpose Based Library, Finding Your Path to Survival, Success, and Growth|
Event Type: NONE|
Start Time: 9:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
This workshop is presented by John Huber, author of the book The Purpose Based Library, Finding Your Path to Survival, Success and Growth. At this workshop, participants will learn:Library: Southern Maryland Regional Library
1. The difference between a mission driven library and purpose-based library.
2. The benefits of value driven service metrics.
3. How the Purpose-Based Library's Community Pyramid can drive your success and growth.
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
• Understand the Five Paradoxes modern Libraries face today.
• Understand how to embrace change.
• Understand how to employ value driven community service metrics.
• Understand how to reclaim your library staff's true purpose.
• Understand the power of the Community Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid.
• Understand how to define and deploy Dashboard Metrics.
• Understand how to realign and redeploy your most valuable resources.
• Understand how to leverage Library’s national library footprint.
• Understand how libraries can change how the publishing industry works.
Mr. John Huber formed the management-consulting firm of J. Huber and Associates in 1986. Mr. Huber has served as an operations and service turnaround consultant for over 100 manufacturing, distribution and retail organizations. For the library world, Mr. Huber has assisted nearly 50 libraries dramatically improve their service and cost performance through new and innovative ideas such as the holds-label solution, the no-totes delivery solution and Huber’s Community Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid. Representative library clients include the New York Public Library, Kansas City Public Library, Austin Public Library, Pikes Peak Library District, Cuyahoga Public Library, Sno Isle Libraries and Multnomah County Library. Sample manufacturing clients include Thomas & Betts, Midas, American Airlines, Safelite Glass, Rheem/Ruud, Zebco, Home International Products, and B. E. Aerospace. Learn more about Mr. Huber and his popularly received books, Lean Library Management, Eleven Strategies for Reducing Costs and Improving Services and The Purpose Based Library, Finding Your Path to Survival, Success and Growth by visiting J. Huber & Associates website: http://www.jhaconsults.com.
Registration Ends: 5/22/2018 at 11:55 PM
St Mary's, Calvert, and Charles counties, please contact the regional directly to register.Contact: Jennifer Hopwood
Contact Number: 301-884-0436
Presenter: John Huber
Status: Waiting List
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 5/22/2018 at 11:55 PM.